Re: [OM] IMG: Friends in B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friends in B&W
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:31:02 -0500
> Good examples of shallow DoF images that do and don't work for me. In the
> first, I can't help but want the other people to be in focus. I understand
> this to be possibly idiosyncratic, but it's how I see.

I agree. However, not entirely.

When I first viewed these images, I did so on my Samsung Note 3. This
picture looked great. All three people were adequately in focus and it
was a keeper. But then I saw Moose's comment and looked at the picture
on a big monitor. In the larger size, the unsharpness of two of the
three individuals was much more disconcerting. But reducing the size
by 50% on the screen immediately took care of it and I was happy
again.

I would be more than comfortable printing this up to 5x7, but no
larger. In the smaller size, it's just fine. Larger? Not so much. I
certainly wouldn't delete the photo, but would be careful as to how
large to go with it.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx