Re: [OM] Food Processor was Re: IMGS:

Subject: Re: [OM] Food Processor was Re: IMGS:
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 06:12:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> That looks tasty, in the making, Tina.  We need a food processor after our
>> 30-year
>>old Moulinex lost its wheels (so to speak).  Cuisinart sounds like a good
>>make; are
>>you happy with it?
>>

>I would also look into a thermomix, pricey but very worth it
><http://thermomix.vorwerk.com/home/> unfortunately it looks like they
>have a new "fancy dancy" model out, we have the previous version, it is
>so much more than a food processor though and easily replaces an
>icecream maker (Ice cream in 20 seconds anyone) , rice cooker and bread
>maker - ok maybe not completely for the bread maker but it will make the
>dough (creating the flour from grain if you wish) ready for the oven.
>For us the main benefit though was you can leave it unattended for most
>of its activity and get on with other things.

     I also have an old Moulinex La Machine II that I bougt about 35 years ago.
 Don't use it much, but when I do it's just as strong as new.  What I could use
is a new blender as my Hamilton Beach gets pretty hot when making cheesecake.

     Which reminds me:  Anyone have an old Oster blender that they could part
with?  We need the pitcher for a bicycle-powered blender that we use at events
to make ice slushes.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson