Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/8/2015: a proper bookshop

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 8/8/2015: a proper bookshop
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 09:20:07 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>One of the many pleasures connected with visiting a proper city like
>Philadelphia is
>to spend time in an independent bookshop. This is something we always do,
>whether in
>London (Foyles), San Francisco (City Lights) etc. So yesterday we spent 2
>hours at
>the Book Corner in Philadelphia, which yielded considerable extra weight for
>the
>suitcases and these three images.
>
>Every proper bookshop must have at least one cat. The Book Corner has two:

     Bookstore cats contribute to the relaxed atmosphere of a bookstore.  Many
years ago I visited Powell's technical bookstore in Portland off Burnside St.,
just blocks away from the main "City of Books".  While sitting on the floor,
the store cat Fupp ambled over and laid down next to me.

     That store still had the window transoms.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson