Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/8/2015: Lansdale, PA -- family reunited

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/8/2015: Lansdale, PA -- family reunited
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 10:13:15 -0700
  I have a strong antipathy towards one screen in a place of social
intercourse;....would drive me out pretty swiftly...
Me too. I get sensory overload not just from the ubiquitous video screens and visual clutter everywhere but also from the noise, especially the noise, and dirt/smells in a typical urban environment. I feel like a duck out of water. I guess one learns to tune it out and/or filter it for the worthwhile bits. I psyche myself up to dash in and get out like a commando on a mission. :) I prefer my sensory stimulation in other forms. And of course there are exceptions around the world.