Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 2/8/2015: la plaza de Aigues

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 2/8/2015: la plaza de Aigues
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 17:34:55 -0500
Thanks for doing my research for me, Moose. I suspected that was what I was seeing in these images.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/2/2015 5:24 PM, Moose wrote:
On 8/2/2015 12:39 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Very pretty.

Indeed, more perspective on a place we've seen in many photos.

I know very little about panos. Is the wall of the light colored building beneath the clock tower actually curved, or is that an effect of the pano process?

Just what I was wondering. It appears that the LR process carefully maintains verticals, while letting horizontals become quite bowed. I looked it up on Google Maps. The building you reference is flat fronted, and almost certainly has a flat roof, not curved. The same is true of the small group of building on the left that seem to bulge toward the viewer, curve away as they reach the corner of the church and have curved roofs. There's also the wires strung above the square on the right that start to hang normally, then soar up in a graceful, and impossible, arc as they head toward the edge.

It would be interesting, to me, at least, to see what PS does in making a panorama from the same set of images.

An attractive image, but also somewhat disturbing to my sense of physical order.

Visually Bemused Moose