Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/8/2015: two panoramas

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 1/8/2015: two panoramas
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 10:01:18 -0500
The first one is very well done, Nathan. Seen large, there is remarkable detail. Thanks for sharing.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/1/2015 9:39 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Inspired by comments from His Mooseness on the Olympus list, I decided to use my little Ricoh
GR for some panoramas during this morning’s bike ride. This way I would also get to
try out LR’s pano capabilities. As far as I am concerned, LR passed that test with
flying colours. Here are two of the three panos I made. The links I give are to the XL image
that still fits on the screen (at least on mine) but if you click on the O, then you will get
the original view, but you will need to scroll across. Both panos cover about 180 degrees.

This is the view of the coastal plain from Busot, a place where I almost always stop
to refill my water bottles—there is a natural spring in the village with
free-to-use faucets right next to the spot from which I took the picture. This is a
stitch of 10 vertical images:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=4245670337&k=wmLwQgG&lb=1&s=X3

And this is the road from Busot to Jijona, the world capital of Turrón, an
almond based delicacy popular in many Spanish speaking countries. A stitch of 8
horizontal images:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=4245670441&k=7RM9fnt&lb=1&s=X3

Cheers,
Nathan