[OM] [OT] Toyota Mirai, becoming electric/hybrid cars

Subject: [OM] [OT] Toyota Mirai, becoming electric/hybrid cars
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 13:07:13 +0100
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   As well as overall fuel efficiency (both in manufacture, use, and
   ultimate disposal) an important factor in some countries is the air
   pollution created during use.  Electric cars do not have to pollute the
   air around busy roads, particularly if traffic is slow moving.
   The environmental arguments have not yet persuaded me to pay the extra
   costs associated with an electric powered vehicle but my diesel car
   does have reasonably modern technology and does less than 10k miles
   each year in the UK.  I doubt if any really old vehicle could be
   regarded as environmentally friend when pollution is taken into
   account.
   Brian Gray