Re: [OM] IMG: Back in Pritchard

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Back in Pritchard
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:19:10 -0700
Thanks, Jim, for your kind words.

Henri Cartier-Bresson spoke of capturing the peak of any action - the "Decisive
Moment" he called it - as the key to making great photographs.

The nice thing about a country rodeo is that there are often several peaks in
the action, during any ride or contest, in each contestant's run.  And there is
a new contestant every few minutes... for 4 hours ... all for the $12 price of
admission.

Not only a great place to hone one's skills, but great entertainment thrown
into the bargain.

BTW: If you have the chance to go, the smaller rodeos, with less skilled
cowboys & cowgirls, often provide the better photo opportunities - though this
is not an absolute.  I try to take in as many as I can... usually 3 or 4 per
season.

David.

--
David Young - Photographer
Logan Lake,BC, CANADA

> David, your timing is impressive, and you seem to have a great cast of
> subjects for your images.  Great work!
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 7/28/2015 9:56 AM, David Young wrote:
>> Still sorting through shots from the Pritchard Rodeo ...
>>
>> A young lady barrel racer had a stumble as she rounded the second barrel.
>>
>> Both she and her horse were fine, but she received a "no time" for her
>> efforts.
>>
>> http://www.furnfeather.net/Look/Spill.html
>>
>> Comments & Critiques welcomed, as always.
>>
>> David.
>>
>> --
>> David Young - Photographer
>> Logan Lake,BC, CANADA