Re: [OM] Lifetime Achievement Award for Phil Tarver

Subject: Re: [OM] Lifetime Achievement Award for Phil Tarver
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 10:48:59 -0500
Hi Chris,

Thanks, very much, for looking and commenting. I have one of Phil's aerial photos of the Center's facilities on the wall by my desk, with the mat signed by many of the people with whom I worked for 39 years. He photographed many of my test installations, as well as dignitaries whom I escorted on tours of the Center from time to time. He is best known for his up close and personal images of the facilities during construction. One of his images of the internally insulated return ducting of the 16-ft Supersonic Tunnel has been published many, many times, and is still a classic.

I kept telling him he needed to use Leicas, but he was happy with the Nikons which his office provided.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA