Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Closeups

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport Closeups
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 15:03:54 -0500
Chris,

I have been pondering your question about the strictures attached to the instrument panel. I suspect that the company management had a hand in going beyond what the FAA requires. The young man flying this machine told me that the company has a fleet of 30+ of these aircraft, and the types and modifications vary. I suspect that the pilots move from one AC to another from time to time, and the company doesn't expect them to read the POH every time they move around. There is enough information on the panel to keep them out of trouble.

Just my two cents.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA