Re: [OM] IMG: Airport at Sundown

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Airport at Sundown
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 00:56:17 -0500
When he said he had been up for an 8-hr day, I first quizzed him about his fuel capacity. He said he had 23 gallons in each wing. The prop looked like a very flat pitch. To get in 8 hrs, he must have to throttle back to about 5 gph, which would probably be about half-power. Although he told me the engine was an 0-360, the on-line registration says O-320. However, this appeared to be a very new installation, and, in Experimental Category, they probably don't worry too much about the promptness of the paperwork.

He said he once found himself moving at 14 mph ground speed over an Atlanta Braves game. The vortex generators should allow him to fly extremely slow, which, for his purposes, grabs more eyeballs. :-)

Thanks for the kind words.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA