[OM] Whew

Subject: [OM] Whew
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:28:29 -0500
As some of you on FB are already aware of, I had a bit of a close call
on I-80. A "challenged" driver was weaving around and traveling at a
pretty good clip when he drove me off the interstate. I thought he
missed me, but I actually got a paint mark on my left-rear tire. Yeah,
that was close.

However, as we are want to say, "pictures or it didn't happen".

Well, I did the foolish thing and chased after him and got a picture
of his license plate with my cell phone and called it in. Soooo, it
happened. So there!

Yes, an evasive maneuver at 70-75 mph onto a soft shoulder, while
dodging reflectors was easy as could be in the X5. The stability
control light was blinking like crazy and it automatically slowed me
down to 50, leaving me to point it where I wanted it to go. I do like
BMWs... In most vehicles, my rapid exit stage-right would have meant a
trip down the hill before eventually getting stopped.

The worst thing that happened was I accidently changed channels on the
radio during the evasive maneuver. First world problems.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx