Re: [OM] Oops - Aaaah, A lesson relearned [was Loch Tay]

Subject: Re: [OM] Oops - Aaaah, A lesson relearned [was Loch Tay]
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 06:26:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> I have had this bag for years
>> <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Playground/N-2005-ENG-Alice-20050815-1.jpg.html>
>> (except when I was flirting with the D700 that required a bulkier & sturdier
>> Rucksack now
>> for sale).
>>
>> You can carry it on either shoulder (intended) and/or attach it round your
>> waist thanks
>> to a comfortable waist harness which also prevents it from banging your
>> aisles when
>> climbing or running, defeats thieves on the tube BTW, and lowers your centre
>> of gravity
>> (important when hiking).
>>
>> On this photo I had chosen to carry it in front, so that the camera wouldn't
>> swing and
>> saw me old neck, and it also gave me a better balance as I was also
>> "wearing" a Rucksack
>> with other stuff for the hike.
>>

>I have 2 nice rucksacks, both Kata; one is largish and you wear it with 2
>straps over the
>shoulder, the other smaller and can be word with 2 straps or one (either side)
>as a sling.
>But I like smaller waist straps for swift access.  Yours looks easy to access,
>but my
>little Crumpler folds around my waist somewhat and makes access a little
>tighter.
>
>I rather fancy the LowePro Sling III for its ease of access, although I am
>still very
>keen on my Hadley Pro

     I've been using a Tamrac utility belt, a pair of Tamrac padded lens cases
(one for the telephoto zoom and the other for closeup accessories), and a
Lowepro gadget bag for years and find the combination to be very handy.  Last
year I tried a Tamrac holster bag attached to a shoulder harness and found that
to be very practical, but not while hiking with a daypack or backpack.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson