Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers

Subject: Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 09:58:33 +0100
It is an interesting story, Jim.  The Wiki entry has as the reason that the
F104 pilot was formating on the fuselage, unable to see the wing properly (over
his shoulder).  This implies that the wing was behind him and so that he would
not have been affected by vortices from the wing; perhaps it meant vortices
from the canard, unless there are serious vortices on the leading edge of the
wing.

I should have thought that a test pilot would have been well aware of the risk
of being too close in formation.

Chris