Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers

Subject: Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 17:52:44 +0100
I don’t know about the cost, and I don’t trust anyone’s figures, Ken (although
you’ll have a better idea than I), but I do have strong opinions about the
machine, particularly the model which we have decided to buy.

What were we thinking?  We are quite clueless about some important aspects of
the machine, from an aviation medicine point of view

Souping up the Harrier would have been a better idea!  Or perhaps fitting
catapults to the carriers and getting some rather nice Hornets . . .

Buy more Typhoons to give us more ground-attack capability for the RAF and all
would have been cheaper and much more effective.

Chris