Re: [OM] Nothing good is going to come of this

Subject: Re: [OM] Nothing good is going to come of this
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 10:06:03 -0500
> I like the box I built my latest computer in. It has 4" fans front and top,
> 3" on the back and the power supply has a 4"
> of it's own. I've never felt anything above room temp coming out of the top
> fan.

Mine is an all-in-one style computer. The computer is built into the
backside of the monitor itself. Has a cooling fan and such, but mostly
uses convection for cooling, which is fine, but once in a while the
fan has to kick in and assist. The design is nice in that the fan will
turn on to get the air movement going and then it will either shut
down or just purr a little. But if I'm doing something intense, the
top of the computer is too hot to put your hand on for more than a few
seconds.

It only gets that hot if I'm merging a big panoramic photograph, or
I'm going nuts on Flight Simulator and the frame rate and graphics are
cranked up to the hilt.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx