Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers

Subject: Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:58:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Nice RC replica. I had the pleasure of watching the original on takeoff
>once back in the early 80s. Liftoff, throttle up and... gone.

     Once while flying from NAS Bermuda to McQuire AFB I heard an SR-71 that
could not land at Pease AFB due to the weather and was going to his alternate,
which was Roosevelt Rhodes (sp?) on Puerto Rico.  It was there years earlier
that I got to see a pair of RB-47's land after having done a recon run over
Cuba.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson