Re: [OM] QRY: Feedback needed on crop

Subject: Re: [OM] QRY: Feedback needed on crop
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 07:51:50 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>TIA for letting me know which of these crops works better, if either does, and
>why if you have time to explain.
>FYI, my doubts come from a different perception when seen small or large, so
>thanks for your precious feedback.
>
>SWH 2
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Somewhereheim--2.jpg.html
>SWH 3
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Somewhereheim--3.jpg.html

    Though both are full of texture and dramatic contrast, I prefer SWH 3 as I
find the overage of sky and clouds in SWH 2 to be distracting, taking attention
away from the vineyard and the town.  It is probably because the high contrast
of the sky and clouds in SWH 2 throws the scene out of balance as it overwhelms
the more subdied contrast and texture of the vineyard and town, whereas in SWH
3 all three major subjects are contributing equally.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson