Re: [OM] IMG: Still There

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Still There
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 14:36:58 -0700
On 5/21/2015 1:27 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Around the house, I frequently get the feeling that my wife is still here. With a fresh haircut, I decided to try to express the feeling as a "selfie".

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Still+There_filtered.jpg.html

Really lovely image, and sentiment obvious in it.

Oh my yes. I recall starting to say something to the person who would always be there to hear me, only to stop in the middle as I realized I was the only one to hear.

In my case, and I think most people, that strange mixture of feeling someone is there and feeling an emptiness near me faded with time. It seemed very slow at the time, and relatively shorter in retrospect.

I wish you success in healing relatively easily and well from this loss. The great images you've been making of family seem like an important part of that process. Remaking connections in new configurations, both in the mind and with family, is part of the healing - was for my, anyway.

Moose