Re: [OM] Fort wayne's local camera store

Subject: Re: [OM] Fort wayne's local camera store
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:40:40 -0400
Nice to preserve their legacy, Chris. I don't need to tell you how lucky
you are to still have an independent camera store in your area. The last of
ours in Charleston died off a while back. For many years (opened in 1946)
we had a very good store called Norvell's that had a comprehensive camera
sales department and its flag ship was Leica. It was owned and run by an
excellent photographer, Harold Norvell, who regularly posted his images on
the shop walls. When I was in high school, just down the street, I recall
being very impressed by his images from the bull run in Spain. Alas he
retired in the late 70's. The prime spot downtown is now a Starbucks.
   A short while later, two fellows opened "The Lens Cap" in Mt. Pleasant.
Bought my first OM-1 and a few lenses from them. They lasted about ten
years. Don't know why they folded; it was long before digital arrived on
the scene.
  Now days we have a few drug store photo-processors and probably the last
Ritz/Wolfe Photo on the planet (at least one of the few left).

Sigh,
Charlie