[OM] IMG: Cello master class, using blur

Subject: [OM] IMG: Cello master class, using blur
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 21:23:57 -0700
I'm always trying to convey the physicality of music-making in my still photographs of musicians. With string players, one obvious method is to slow the shutter so as to catch some blur in the bowing or the fingers. But how much? Too little, and it looks like a mistake. Too much, and it's mush. I felt like maybe I'd hit the "Goldilocks" ("just right") spot with this one, and I like how the two bows form a "V." What do you think?
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/17584386211/>

Then there's this one. I like the bow blur of this one most of all the shots I took. But I maybe messed up the framing. Does it still work, or is it an "almost?"
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/music/peledmasterclass/P5100318.jpg.html>

Thanks for looking.  Enjoy!
--Peter