[OM] Mothers Day - one more perspective

Subject: [OM] Mothers Day - one more perspective
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 13:48:23 -0500
As most of you know, my wife is a two-times breast-cancer survivor.
She was diagnosed while our second daughter was just 18 months old.

Her desire to survive was to see her two daughters grow up. When the
cancer returned several years later, the treatment response was
immediate and 'complete'. Again, the desire to see her daughters grow
up was a powerful response.

For a half-dozen years, she went through surgury after surgury. Each
time, her will to live was diminished a bit, but all it took were
those two sets of blue eyes looking at her saying "I love you, Mommy"
for her to rise up again. Those two sets of blue eyeballs are now
about all grown up. One set is graduating from high school next
Sunday, and the other set next year.

I, of course, am extremely grateful and happy to have had my wife
beside me raising them, but to see them rise beyond their teachers and
become such strong and successful individuals is a blessing to behold.
Those girls are loved and we are extremely proud of them.

While we have no idea what the future holds, we can look at the past
and know that in spite of whatever challenges that have come our way,
the choices we've made have turned out all right.

She done good.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx