Re: [OM] Photo review

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo review
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 10:13:48 -0500
Tina wrote:
> Very helpful, Bob!  Exactly the kind of advice I was hoping for!
> Thanks!  I will look at cropping more.

I agree with Bob, but the problem is that your photography is both
"art" and "stock". The stock photography is what pays the bills. The
art photography is what fills the portfolios and pleases other
photographers who don't actually buy anything.

It seems like most of the comments are in relation to the art side of
things, but as a stock photographer, I'm thinking about what is going
to sell. For this, I think that you have a better handle on it than we
do.

My comment on the style change is one that I still hold to, but I will
say that the later sets of images show a return to the Tina Manley
School of Photography that I love. Not entirely, but I sense a shift.
It looks to me like you were rushed for a lot of the trip and was just
trying to capture everything as quickly as possible. It also looks to
me like you didn't so much have those "golden moments" where you were
able to work a scene and pay for the trip with 20 minutes of work. A
comparative would be your Vietnam trip, where it appears that your
best work from the trip occured within a few minutes.

Still, even on a bad day, your photography makes my good days pretty much stink.

:)

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx