Re: [OM] A difficult month

Subject: Re: [OM] A difficult month
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:40:57 -0500
> Very sorry to have to announce that my twin sister Mary passed away from
> leukemia on Wednesday 5/6.  We were very close and it has been a
> difficult time for the entire family.

John, I am sorry to read this. It certainly is difficult. Battling any
form of cancer is hard, but leukemia is psychologically very difficult
on everybody involved. You are never "ahead" of it, always battling an
enemy that has an upper hand. Even when you do "win", you never do.
Instead of a victory, it's more like a truce.

It is also very difficult that it is your twin sister. The closeness
and special bonding that you have supercedes distance and life
choices. No matter where you move or whatever you do, she was your
twin sister. The bonds formed long before you even knew how to talk.

Take the time to grieve. It's OK. Take the time to love each other.
And especially take the time to decompress.

I can imagine that she was a lot like you. I would have liked to have
known Mary.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx