Re: [OM] OT: Bird ID and habits - Help needed

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Bird ID and habits - Help needed
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 07:56:25 -0700
If his behavior is the analogue of the rufous-sided towhees common to some
areas here in the US west, he's banging the window because he sees himself
reflected in it, and thinks it's another male invading his territory.

Had a towhee at one place I lived that would spend hours doing just that,
until the light shifted enough that he couldn't spot his reflection so
easily. One way to discourage them is to place a lamp where it will disrupt
the reflection when lit.