Re: [OM] Tripod support for moon shots

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripod support for moon shots
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 10:22:34 -0400
Thanks. I'd thought about the possibility of rotating the head but had already put everything away and had nothing at hand to inspect to see if it could be done. But, in the light of morning and a cup of coffee it occurred to me that, since my latitude is only 33.6 degrees I can simply tip the tripod itself to gain a few more degrees over the 30 degrees the head can provide. I just tried it and found that I can get about 15 degrees tilt on the tripod by lowering one leg without getting it in serious trouble from imbalance. I don't need that much so it should be fine. I just need to avoid stumbling over the shortened leg which will end up between my legs which is not normal orientation for me.

Thanks, all
Chuck Norcutt