Re: [OM] OT: WalMart

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: WalMart
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 16:08:15 +0100
Hah!

A friend who works for the Walmart operation over here was happy to tell me
of the annual bonus he was granted a couple of months ago. I don't recall
the exact amount, but it was significantly less than US$5.

It amazes me that they have the bare-faced cheek to pay "bonuses" of that
scale.

Piers

PS Of course, he doesn't work full time, so the bonus was pro-rated.

PPS I don't think any of his colleagues work full time, as to do so would
require the employer to start paying extra "employment taxes" (National
Insurance employer contributions).

PPPS I don't know who is the more cynical - me or UK WalMart.