Re: [OM] IMG: Workhorses, Past and Present

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Workhorses, Past and Present
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 01:08:59 -0500
Hi Chris,

They don't look that sleek when a cargo pod is hung on beneath the belly. :-)

The latest AOPA Pilot magazine has an article about Caravans on amphibious floats. That is the "go anywhere" machine for rich owners who fly their own on family outings and hunting/fishing trips to remote areas.

This one has the interior removed, if it was ever present, and has two bare aluminum benches between the cargo door and the cockpit. The plastic cargo door rolls up inside to leave a clear opening for the departing jumpers.

(I'm not usually up at this time of night, but a passing storm line woke me, so I decided to check the mail.)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA