[OM] Nathan's PAD 22/4/2015

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 22/4/2015
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:13:02 +0200
My trip to Latvia is now over, I am writing this in Copenhagen where I stopped
for the weekend on my way back to Spain. I really loved Riga and have lots of
pictures to process. This was my first visit to any of the three Baltic
countries, and I left with a very positive impression of the Latvian people and
what they have achieved since emerging from decades of Soviet occupation in
1991. But they also keep to their traditions, one of which is good food, good
beer, and folk dancing. On Wednesday night we went to a place that combines all
three.

The music was a violin and an accordeon. The light on the violinist was quite
nice at times:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=4011994527&k=Jd6WX74&lb=1&s=O

And here is my English colleague Stephanie getting into the swing of things:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=4011994783&k=dFDRT7d&lb=1&s=O

The second image could be sharper, I know, but photographing briskly moving
people in a dark place has its challenges—and no, I will not stoop so low as to
use flash.

The place is highly recommended:
http://www.folkklubs.lv
(and like most other things in Riga, quite cheap).

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain