Re: [OM] 4/3 format is lousy for portraits - dof

Subject: Re: [OM] 4/3 format is lousy for portraits - dof
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 14:27:20 -0700
On 4/13/2015 4:41 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I still haven't learned to carry the camera all the time. Not only do I not have the 45/1.8 for that occasion I would not likely have the camera on my person or even available in the car. A couple of months ago I put my P&S in the car so I would at least have some camera available most of the time. It has never been used since. It has always been thus.

Not much I can do about that. :-)

I do carry a camera most of the time I'm out. When I don't, I'm often sorry. We were out and about a few days ago, and stopped off for dinner on the way home. I left the 'real' camera in the car. When the setting sun illuminated a piece of red bell pepper on my plate with "God Light", all I got was a crappy iPhone shot, not in proper focus and with blown highlights in spite of the "HDR" setting.

Then a mom did something really cute with her toddler just out the window, but getting the phone out and in camera mode wasn't quick enough. Bah!

Be Prepared Moose