[OM] IMG: Semana Santa in Alicante

Subject: [OM] IMG: Semana Santa in Alicante
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 16:23:04 +0200
Thanks again to those on both lists who gave me advice about my B&W/colour
choice. In the end, as you will see, I decided to treat each image on its
merits and so I ended up with a mixed gallery.

I went out to have a look twice: on Friday night and on Sunday afternoon. The
Friday processions have a more somber tone since they are about the
crucifixion. The Sunday processions are more joyous. I actually arrived at the
centre too late on Sunday to see the main part of the procession, but I ended
up seeing something I have not witnessed before, namely the aftermath. A
selection of 27 images is here:

http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Semana-Santa-2015/

The irony of it all: I am an atheist Jew and I go to see the processions every
year; my Catholic wife never goes. She hates crowds. I, on the other hand, like
them since they provide photo opportunities.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain