Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 15: Paris

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 15: Paris
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 16:01:53 -0700
On 4/5/2015 9:24 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Most of my blog for the week ending today is from Monday, when I had a free afternoon
and evening in Paris. I visited my cousin Francis, went on a bike ride together along
the Seine, and later hung around the Eiffel tower at night. It’s all here:

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=1380

And comments and critique are welcome and appreciated as always.

Oh dear, you gave me a second look at the fishy Place Charles de Gaulle. Too much highlight detail lost for my taste. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/FishydeGaulle.htm>

Then, as long as I was at it, I wondered how it would look less fishy. I think about these thing because I have the Oly Fish Eye Lens cap, which is 140º corner to corner, rather than the usual 180º and it's led me to be curious about the unexplored territory between full fish and linear.

Anyway, for this image, I'm fascinated with the difference. The full 180º feels very enclosed, static. The alternate, while definitely not 'normal' seems to me more open, with movement possible. Neither better, just interestingly, at least to me, different.

Semi Circular Moose