Re: [OM] Best April Fool's yet

Subject: Re: [OM] Best April Fool's yet
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 07:38:28 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      I could actually get interested in an iPhone with that installed.  Now
>> if it
>>just came with telnet capability that would be a real winner.  Can you say
>>"NO VIRUSES!"?
>
>Microsoft's best development software was Microsoft Basic Professional
>Development System 7.1. I wrote a lot of software in that environment
>and there hasn't been anything as good ever since. I could do stuff
>with that programming environment that would make your head swim. I am
>really proud of my work from that era.
>
>I would absolutely love to have a mobile device with DOS and 7.1 installed.

     Myself, I would prefer DOS 6.2 as some of the functions were removed or
greatly diminished in 7.1 and 7.2.  The defragger in those is awful, and I
managed to find the original Intel defragger that came with Win95 and put it on
my machines.  It defrags and compacts simultaneously, leaving no isolated
unused sectors.  Far better than anything I've seen since then, but you do have
to run it in SAFE mode to overcome all of the usual background nonsense that is
writing to the hard drive, causing the defragger to have to restart.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson