[OM] 349 Declyn Court, Seasons

Subject: [OM] 349 Declyn Court, Seasons
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 08:33:13 -0400
We had some friends from upstate New York (the frozen north) visiting us for several days. After a few days of pleasant South Carolina weather they began getting interested in actually buying a place here but not until it was almost time to leave. They looked at 4 houses in the neighborhood that were for sale and absolutely fell in love with this one. It's not actually on the market yet but I heard from the owner that she plans to sell soon. Yesterday I took some photos of the house so my friends could remember the details of what they saw and also show their children and grandchildren what they're thinking of buying.

The photos I took are in the link below. Everything was done with the E-M1 and the 9-18. If there are any not taken at 9mm they are very few. I don't yet know how to use the HDR feature on the E-M1 and HDR in PhotoShop is still a mystery to me. It managed to "destroy" the 2 images I tried. So I was amazed that, in many instances, I was able to capture the outdoors through the windows in full sun and only slightly overexposed while having enough shadow lifting capability to correct extreme underexposure of the interior.

I also did it while working very quickly on a very light tripod so as not to inconvenience the owner. I'm sure I could have done much better with much more time and the big Manfrotto with geared head. One of these days I'm just going to have to tackle the HDR thing as well as getting better at correcting distortion.

<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/349%20Declyn%20Court,%20Seasons/index.htm>

ps: I fixed two images where I managed to catch myself in reflections but see I missed one. That's another thing I tend to have trouble with when shooting interiors of houses.

Chuck Norcutt