Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Strikes Again!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Strikes Again!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:59:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>      Earlier this week, the cyber-toddlers decided to go one step further.
>>They left the subject lines blank, and instead of sending the emails in
>>straight text as my settings dictate they instead sent them in HTML, which
>>results in emails that are 10-20 times larger than text and which are
>>incomprehensible as my webmail reader only does text.  It's a safeguard
>>against  malware that can be riding piggyback.

     <<SNIP>>

>Complain on the forums, feedback matters, sometimes
>it even gets a result.

     Others have already started a blog within the evilBay community:

<http://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/eBay-quot-saved-searches-quot-quot-followed-searches-quot-e/m-p/23754617?rmvSB=true>

     In short, none of the managers or customer reps had the slightest idea
that this was happening and had no idea how to look into it.  One poster
scrutinised the HTML coding and found the error.  Another poster states that it
was taken care of at 0719 CDT.  I'll find out if it was tomorrow morning.

     This proves to a good degree what I've been stating for some time:  The
managers are incompetent, and the cyber-todlers are uploading their latest
untested coding into the server and expecting us to test it for them.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson