[OM] Madness behind it all

Subject: [OM] Madness behind it all
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 12:21:12 -0500
If you are wondering what is going on with my slew of postings, well,
it's because I've been under the weather a bit so I've gone back and
revisited some old stuff.

One thing that keeps coming up over and over again, (other than the
contents of my stomach), is just how insanely punishable E-1 files
are. You can go to extremes with them.

Another thing that I've rediscovered, is just how sharp you can make
an E-1 file. The latest/greatest Lightroom converter does really well
with E-1 files and I'm able to pull details out that I've never seen
before.

While we continue to chase after the latest/greatest, I'm enjoying
some form of perverse pleasure in seeing just how wonderful we had it
"back in the day". One thing the E-1 doesn't do is insert banding
noise in the images.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx