Re: [OM] Skagit Flats

Subject: Re: [OM] Skagit Flats
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:16:24 -0700
On 3/18/2015 1:23 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I grew up in Skagit County. Yesterday we did a Costco run, visited my father and did some business and shopping. We drive by the fields on the way to and from the ferry.

The low angle 9 mm shot is nicely done. And I particularly like the color
'movement' across Mile of Tulips.

Have to take your word for it that about what the birds are. I can't quite make
out details. :-)

Reminds me of when I came around a corner and started down into a river valley just north of Point Arena. The big, level field was full of huge, white birds, quite a shock, as I've been there many times and never seen that, before or since. Seems to have been a winter flock of Tundra/Whistler swans that came west of their usual wintering areas for some snacking.

Swooning Moose