Re: [OM] IMG: Esquina Caliente

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Esquina Caliente
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:24:27 -0500
Must be a cultural thing. A high school friend of mine works for the State
Department and his second posting was to the American Interest section in
Cuba. Shortly after his arrival he attended one of Fidel's speeches which
went on for four hours. As a side note, my friend is very fluent in Spanish
having studied it all through high school, undergraduate school and at the
SD language school. His first posting was at the embassy in Mexico City for
three years. On first meeting his Cuban counterpart, he introduced himself
and presented his papers. The Cuban official looked him up and down and
said "You speak Spanish like a Mexican". End of meeting.

Charlie