Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever

Subject: Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:00:29 +0800 (WST)
Hi Bob,

> Of course, all this begs some questions about what this means for our
> photography.
>
> I mean, we calibrate our monitors,  work hard on post-processing, etc., and
> to what end?
>
> Sure it makes us individually happy with our images,  but what if no one
> else sees it the same way we do?

It doesnt matter that much in the end, do what makes YOU
happy, if others also enjoy it all the better :)

Same applies to music, I've spent hours recording
keyboards and guitars, mixing in drums with Hydrogen
etc, enjoying the process and the end result only to have
family look at me blankly and say that was nice then
wonder off, yet someone I hardly know thought
what I'd done was totally awesome.

We all hear differently as well.

My wife hates Hawkwind, I love it but we both like
Eric Clapton, The Eagles and many more, such are
we humans.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.