Re: [OM] Interesting !

Subject: Re: [OM] Interesting !
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:40:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>You have to read further, Chris, to see that - it is rumoured - the new body
>will be able to capture multiple exposures within 1/60 sec, allowing to
>produce 18MP images with full colour from each of those pixels. 18MP is not
>the resolution determinant, it's 18MP of full colour pixels, so, yes, it
>will have an impact on JPEG as well as the raw files. As to whether you will
>seeit, I can't say. This is the same sort of technology as to-be-seen in the
>E-M5 II, but captured in a much shorter time-frame.

     Nice, but with the 8MP E-500 I can record uncompressed TIF images of
24.5M, which is as raw as you're going to get.   An interesting note here is
that there is no TIF RAW format available in the E-510, but they do note that
the ORF RAW format does NOT undergo any changes in white balance, sharpness,
contrast, or colour.  Hmmmm...  The E-500 manual does not mention that.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson