Re: [OM] [OT] Proper Word Use

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Proper Word Use
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:11:04 -0800
weather is often dank. What am I missing here?
About 3 generations :)
I think that that is slang use, Charlie.
Right about that but see answer above.
The dictionary that pops up...
wrong!

  Language is ultimately based on usage and not the dictionary.
True enough. However it is correctly defined in a dictionary,,,just not the one you guys used. While a group of old geezers were sitting around discussing cameras and argueing the merits of pluperfect usage has changed. It is slang alright and means just about the opposite of the original meaning. Maybe that is perhaps the point? "A dank day", means different things in this household.

<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dank>

Mike