Re: [OM] Nuthatches

Subject: Re: [OM] Nuthatches
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 21:13:39 -0800
On 2/10/2015 5:43 PM, Paul Laughlin wrote:
A couple of Nuthatch images.  This one of two birds on the feeder.
<http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/image/159104439/large>
and this one with a seed it it's beak.
<http://www.pbase.com/pelaughlin/image/159104442/large>
I didn't realize that there were two birds on the feeder until I was sorting
the images.

I love Nuthatches. These red breasted ones have a relatively loud call out in the woods. Have you been close to a family group of them? They chat rapidly in this sort of quiet undertone, like it's a bit of a secret. Sometimes, it feels like I can almost understand them. :-)

I've seen White Breasted Nuthatches (and probably have pics) in the East, but don't know about their intimate communications.

Hatched Nut Moose