[OM] IMG Feeding Frenzy, with Dove

Subject: [OM] IMG Feeding Frenzy, with Dove
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 21:48:16 -0800
We are finally getting some rain, the first since the day before Christmas.

It set off a feeding frenzy of finches and other small birds at our feeders. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16270>

There must have been near 50 birds eating, flying around looking for a spot, picking dropped seed off the deck, etc. I have no idea how they can eat so much and still fly. There were also birds in the trees, so the numbers may have been greater that I could see at one time at the feeders. With 24 feeding ports, we usually have plenty. :-)

The Mourning Dove sat on top for a while, looking bemused at the frenetic
activity below it. Then it saw its opening ...

Being a still photographer, I took a couple of videos - with the camera rotated. DOH! Oh well, now to see how hard it is to rotate them back. They are kinda fun ...

When the rain got heavier and most left for shelter, I refilled the feeders. I'm sure I've never seen them go down so fast. Fortunately, I recently bought 60 # of feed.

Avian Providence Moose