Re: [OM] More delayed images [was Re: PADs, delayed]

Subject: Re: [OM] More delayed images [was Re: PADs, delayed]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 14:32:31 -0800
On 1/29/2015 5:29 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I liked "Folded" as a thumbnail but not the larger image. The larger image displays some shadowy screen-like detail which, for me, disrupts the very simple color and form of the thumbnail.

Ah well. No easy way around it. Not a photographic artifact. The sunlight creating the image did indeed pass through a screen. But then I chose not to blur it, as that changes other aspects in ways I don't want. :-) Somehow, it always seems a little too green to me. I correct it, then it seems to creep back.

"Tiny Dancer's Shadows" and "Light Shadows" are fine either large or small.

Can't say I think of thumbnails that way, looking fine or not. But glad you
looked and enjoyed!

I also like any of the first three "Shadows, Sunset Light..." but the much softer versions that follow don't do anything for me.

Different strokes ... Those last three shadows are about surface texture, which isn't obvious in the thumbnails, as much or more than form. "Waisted", with it's softness, the particular shape and almost monochrome 'tint', reminds me of the Pictorialists. Hmmm, I wonder what it would look like with the saturation down, sepia-ish.

Soft Headed Moose