[OM] [OT] Logitech wireless mouse users listen up...

Subject: [OM] [OT] Logitech wireless mouse users listen up...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:19:00 -0500
We now have 4 computers in the house and all but one had wireless Logitech M310 mice. I actually had a 4th M310 mouse but the receiver that plugs into the USB port had been lost sometime in the past. In trying to move things around I also discovered that receivers seem to be unique to their own mouse. They don't respond to any other M310 mouse but the one they were delivered with. I suppose that makes sense such that they don't respond to spurious signals sent from another such mouse operating nearby.

Anyhow the wired mouse on the 4th computer was becoming a pain because of the peculiar physical location it's in. I had convinced myself that I needed to bite the bullet and order another M310 mouse just to get a receiver that worked. But before I did so I did some more searching around and discovered a wonderful little Logitech receiver called the "Unifying Receiver" which is much less expensive than buying a new mouse/receiver combo. <http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Unifying-receiver-mouse-keyboard/dp/B0058OU8VY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422044719&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+unifying+receiver> I found a lot of misinformation on the web about which Logitech mice and keyboard would work with this receiver but eventually discovered that you only need to look for the "unifying" symbol on the device. The unifying symbol is the orange circle with a black "asterisk" inside like seen in the Amazon link above. As it turns out M310 mice share the unifying symbol even though the unifying receiver is not what they ship with.

One you get a unifying receiver you download the software here and let the receiver talk to the mouse for a second or two and then they're bosom buddies. The receiver can handle 6 devices on one machine.

<http://www.logitech.com/en-us/promotions/6072?wt.mc_id=usym_redir_/unifying_promo_landing_global&strf=universal_symlink>

Now I like my Logitech devices even more.