Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 3: Barcelona culture

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 3: Barcelona culture
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 21:58:15 +0100
Well Bob, be a sport and forget for a minute about these Neanderpregaudi's genes ;-)

I've been to Barcelona again and again and never cease to be surprised by his "organic" architecture. One in not so many guys - I'm thinking of FLW or Le Corbusier- who did make a MAJOR impact on me.

Come over and visit and take the gear along you'll love it!

Chimneys at Casa Mila
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/Totems-1120278.jpg.html
Ceiling at Park Guell
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+2009_001/Some+like+colour-1120378.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW/PAW-31-1020285-Gaudi-UpSD-w.jpg.html

Miro Foundation
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/PAW-2009/2009-PAW-34-At+the+Miro+Fundation-1120086.jpg.html

All this to say Nathan provided us with yet another excellent report on life in this city.
Thank you for rekindling the desire BTW.
Alice and I will see if we can crash the party next Sept but it is too soon for us to lock on a final plan.

Oh yes! someone wrote he had visited the Sagrada Familia before it was achieved - it is NOT to this day - work in progress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=UJ8NcKNlZzg&x-yt-cl=84503534
A cathedral is never finished as such - I live at Metz and am often in Strasbourg. Both cities have gothic cathedrals and I have never seen either without any scafolding .... in a lifetime.

Amities
Philippe