Re: [OM] [OT] I was thinking about recent discussions here about binocul

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] I was thinking about recent discussions here about binoculars and spotted this...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 10:19:25 -0800
On 1/21/2015 6:33 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Binoculars That Use Digital Trickery to Give You Super-Sight | WIRED

Pretty expensive for a pair of binocs but the price will eventually come down
out of the stratosphere.

<http://www.wired.com/2015/01/ricoh-enhanced-binoculars/>

NOT binoculars - monocular with two eye viewing. An important distinction for
some uses.

For birding, clarity, resolution, color fidelity and 3D depth are v. important. I suppose these to use electronic screens for actual viewing. I've yet to see one of those that would be suitable for birding.

I've also never encountered an optical zoom binocular worth a darn. Either way, optical or digital zoom, that also makes me leery of the actual image quality.

Doesn't matter to me anyway, at that price. :-)

Eyes Right Moose