Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/12/2014: the world capital of Turrón

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/12/2014: the world capital of Turrón
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 15:50:19 +0100
<<
I'd never heard of turrón.  Now I know what it is.  But I think I'd
prefer the wife's pumpkin pie or (sometimes) strawberry cheesecake at
Christmas.

Knowing what it is, is not knowing how it tastes :-)
The torrone (Italian name), is something you can have the whole year,
and not only at Christmas. And even at Christmas, it's not the main
course, but only one of the many garnishes!
The Sardinian version (not hard) is basically only almonds and honey,
and is exceptionally good, better tasted freshly prepared.

Ralf Loi