Re: [OM] IMGS: Oyster Roast

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Oyster Roast
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 19:52:22 -0500
You can't live on the coast in the Carolinas and not eat oysters!  Steamed
is the way to start out, but I had my first raw oyster at age 12 and have
been addicted ever since. On my bucket list is to get on the honor roll at
Acme Oyster in NoLa with 15 dozen.  I've come close!!

Tina

On Saturday, January 3, 2015, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Steamed clams with butter would catch my attention but oysters are
> something I've never cottoned to.  But after the tide went out under the
> boardwalk at Huntington State Park a few days ago it looked like the bottom
> was composed 90% of oyster shells.  Maybe I'll eventually get to like them
> around here.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> On 1/3/2015 6:55 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> Our friends up the road who own a cider brewery had an oyster roast today.
>> It poured rain but a good time was had by all as we sampled ciders and ate
>> fantastic steamed oysters:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/158710381
>>
>> Keep hitting Next until the end.
>>
>> C&C greatly appreciated.