Re: [OM] A Very Interesting Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] A Very Interesting Lens
From: Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:43:04 -0800
Lots of information on K38's used in the U2 spy planes.
Not clear if the lens listed on ebay is one of the unique lenses used in the U2
program .
Apparently the K38 used 5000ft of 9" wide film,so a 900mm lens was not a very
long lens given the format is equivalent to 9 frames of 35mm format.!

see:

Spyplane: The U-2 History Declassified By Norman Polmar
The special lenses developed for the K38 in the U2 program, achieved
60-120l/mm,using aspheric surfaces and computer aided design in 1955. Pretty
leading edge stuff given the format size.

Tim